Sports Recap Central: 2/06/2016

Men’s Basketball (14-8, 6-5)

January 28 – Lafayette at Colgate

W, 59-54

Lafayette was able to secure their biggest comeback win of the season against the Red Raiders, after trailing by seven at the break.  Lafayette was able to secure the victory after sophomore point guard Nick Linder hit two free throws with just 13.3 seconds left on the clock.  Leading the way for the Leopards was senior Dan Trist, who scored 24 points to go along with six boards.  Sophomore shooting guard Bryce Scott was able to contribute across the board in the win.  Scott has nine points, nine boards, five assists, and four steals.

January 31 – Lafayette at Navy

W, 74-65

Lafayette was able to win their second straight game and was once again led by Dan Trist.  Trist followed up his 24-point performance from three nights prior, with 23 points and eight rebounds.  Three other Leopards were able to score in double figures – sophomore Nick Linder had 15 points, senior Seth Hinrichs had 12 points, and junior Bryce Scott had ten points.  Scott finished with eight rebounds and was just two short of recording a double-double.  Lafayette did a good job defensively, allowing Navy to score just 65 points.  As a team, Lafayette recorded two blocks and six steals.

February 4 – Lafayette vs. Bucknell

W, 84-74 OT

On Wednesday, the Leopards were able to erase a 17-point second half deficit and win by ten points in overtime.  Senior Dan Trist and sophomore Nick Linder led Lafayette, combining to score 55 points.  Trist led the way with 29 points and pulled in 11 rebounds.  Linder scored 26 points, a career high.  Linder scored ten of the teams final 13 points.  As a team, Lafayette only had one turnover in the second half. 

Women’s Basketball (11-11, 4-7)

January 28 – Lafayette vs. Colgate

W, 58-56

Lafayette was able to erase a 23-point halftime deficit and beat the Red Raiders by just a bucket.  Junior guard Jamie O’Hare scored the go ahead bucket by inbounding a pass to herself of off the defender’s back and scoring a reverse layup.  O’Hare finished the night with 18 points.  Senior Emily Homan finished the night with a double-double, scoring 13 points and hauling in 11 rebounds.  Freshman Anna Ptasinski also recorded 11 points.

January 31 – Lafayette vs. Navy

L, 65-60

Junior Jamie O’Hare followed up her game-winning performance on Wednesday with 23 points on Saturday against the Midshipmen.  The Lady Leopards were at one point down by 16 points in the second half, but was able to climb back and lose by just five. Senior Emily Homan was one rebound short of a double-double, for she scored 19 points and grabbed 9 boards.This was Homan’s 22nd straight game scoring in double figures.

February 4 – Lafayette at Bucknell

L,51-37

Senior Emily Homan had 12 points to go along with eight rebounds against the Bison.  Harriet Ottewill-Soulsby also had ten points on the night.  Bucknell was able to grab 21 offensive rebounds and outrebounded the Leopards 51-27 overall.  Emily Homan also added three blocks on the night.