Easton fashion’s new homebase

New skate shop offers fresh and trendy styles for students

Although not every student is excited at the prospect of new homework or a more challenging class schedule with the new semester, they might look forward to back-to-school-shopping.

On 432 Northampton St., Homebase Skateshop, which had its grand opening Aug. 21, carries an array of skater attire, as well as several other shoes and clothes options.

Owner Andy Po has been in the skateshop business since 2002, according to the Express-Times. At age 22, he set up shop in Bethlehem, Penn. The business, which offered a variety of urban chic attire and accessories

Thirteen years later, he has opened a second shop, also by the name of Homebase, in Easton.

Po celebrated his Easton business’s grand opening with music and dancing, free t-shirts for Lafayette freshmen and several other items.

In addition, to selling merchandise and maintaining his Bethlehem store, according to Express-Times, Po said is offering the upstairs of Homebase610 as a flea market for Easton vendors. By providing them a space to sell their merchandise, Po said in the Express-Times article, he hopes to provide them with a starting point to further their entrepreneurial goals.

According to the Express-Times, Po said he also wants the upstairs of Homebase610 to become a communal space in Easton.

Po could not be reached for comment.