Exploring Easton over Fall Break

Opportunities exist for those staying at Lafayette this weekend

Who says you have to go home for fall break?

As students prepare to retreat home or travel during fall break, clusters of people anticipate being stranded on campus throughout the holiday. However, this is not as bad as it may sound. Even with campus being mostly empty over break, there is no shortage of opportunity for fun and games. There is a lot to do in and around Easton to make the days fly by and make this a memorable fall break.

Fall Break Festivities in the Lehigh Valley
FRIDAY 10/9
Fridays At Weyerbacher
Students aged 21-plus can visit the Tap Room at Weyerbacher Brewery from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. to enjoy food, drinks and live music. Weyerbacher Brewery is on 905 Line Road in Easton—a bit under three miles away from Lafayette.

Fall Jam in the Gardens
Fall Jam is an outdoor open mic event with two fire pits, food and beer for 21-plus students. The event will take place from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Woodstone Country Club. The location is 3777 Dogwood Rd in Danielsville, about a half hour drive from Lafayette.

SATURDAY 10/10
Grims Fall Festival
Whether enjoying a hayride through the countryside, strolling through a corn maze, picking apples or purchasing a pumpkin to carve, this festival offers students the ultimate place to enjoy seasonal festivities. Grim’s Fall Festival runs Friday through Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. It is located at 9941 Schantz Rd in Breinigsville, about a half hour drive from Lafayette.

Easton Farmers Market
The Easton Farmer’s Market provides the perfect opportunity for students without a car to get off campus. About a 10-minute walk down to the center of Easton, the market sells a variety of fresh foods and homemade goods. It is open every Saturday through November 7, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

SUNDAY 10/11
MunOpCo Music Theatre Presents Catch Me If You Can
The MunOpCo Theatre of Allentown is presenting a musical comedy about the unbelievable story of famous conman Frank Abagnale Jr. This musical will follow a similar premise to its film predecessor. The show will be presented at 2 p.m. on Sunday, as well as on Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. Tickets can be purchased on munopco.org. The theatre is located at 1533 Hamilton Street in Allentown, about a 25 minute drive from Lafayette.

MONDAY 10/12
Columbus Day Weekend Sidewalk Sale at the Outlets in Sands, Bethlehem
The outlets in Sands, Bethlehem will be having sidewalk sales Friday through Monday, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The shops are located at 77 Sands Boulevard in Bethlehem, about a 20-minute drive from Lafayette.