Sports Recap Central: 02/04/2016

Men’s Basketball (5-15) (2-7)

Jan. 30 @ Loyola (Maryland)

L, 84-77

Lafayette cut an early 21-point deficit to just one behind junior Monty Boykins’s 18 points, but ultimately came up a short. Senior Bryce Scott and sophomore Matt Klinewski contributed 15 and 14 points, respectively.

Women’s Basketball (4-15) (2-7)

Jan. 30 vs. Loyola (Maryland)

L, 55-51

After starting out with a 24 point first quarter, the offense battled foul and turnover troubles for the rest of the game. Freshman Angela Ribarich lead the team in scoring with 17 points and sophomore Anna Ptasinksi contributed nine points, all off three pointers.

Swimming and Diving

Jan. 30 @ Navy Invite

Lafayette’s 200 free relay team of freshman Kyle Doherty and seniors Robert Lowery, Greg Grewal and Christopher Wickwire placed fifth with a time of 1:28.46. The Leopards also had four swimmers with top-five finishes in the freestyle distance events. Next up for the Leopards is the Patriot League Championship, Feb. 17-20.

Indoor Track

Jan. 30 @ Covert Classic

Junior Patrick Corcoran and sophomore Dave McGriff both finished second in their respective throwing events this past weekend. Corcoran was just two inches short of a personal best with his weight throw of 54’9 1/4’’. Sophomore Michael Thorne and junior Mara Blanchard had top-five finishes in the pole vault.