What to get at Mojo while reading The Lafayette

Photo by Emma Sylvester for The Lafayette
Vicky Galanos of Mojo 516 Cafe shared some of her favorite drinks to order.

Mojo 516 Cafe, a well-known business on the Hill, quenches the thirsts and appetites of students across campus. It is also a place to sit back, relax and catch up on campus news. But what Mojo order pairs best when reading sections of the newspaper? Vicky Galanos, who opened the cafe with her father when she was 18, has the answer.

For reading the hottest news on the front page, Galanos recommends drinking an espresso or a Green Mojito juice, which contains cucumber, mint, kale, pear and lime. If you’re in the mood for a spicy snack as well, Galanos recommends trying a jalapeño cream cheese bagel as you read.

When reading a student artist spotlight or a small business spotlight, Galanos recommends students order one of Mojo’s many juices or smoothies.

“I feel like they can be creative and come up with their own way and their own thing,” Galanos said.

If you’re reading a sports article, Galanos says a protein drink is the best way to go. However, when reading an article recapping a Lafayette-Lehigh game, Galanos recommends trying her own special blend of matcha or a refreshing smoothie. If you’re craving something more than a drink while reading the article, Galanos also recommends a bagel with cream cheese or butter.

“I would [get] a bagel if you’re really in the mood to just get in, get out,” Galanos said.

If you’re poring over one of the reviews found in Maddie’s Library, Galanos recommends coffee or tea. While debating over a review found in Movies with Myles, Galanos recommends trying a chai latte or a matcha latte while reading.

For an opinion piece, Galanos recommends snacking on a yogurt parfait accompanied by juice while diving into the article.

If you’re checking out an alumni spotlight article, Galanos recommends a Red Leopard juice, which consists of carrot, beet, orange and strawberry.

If you’re flipping through the newspaper, unsure of what to read first, you can try one of Galanos’ personal favorite drinks, Mojo’s locally sourced kombucha. The seasonal flavor is currently Tulsi Peach.

Another one of Galanos’ favorites is the Sunny Daze smoothie, consisting of apple, orange, pineapple, greek yogurt and banana.

“It’s not even thick and creamy. It’s just very light and good,” Galanos said.

Whether you want to try Mojo’s locally sourced kombucha, a pumpkin chai latte or a London fog, you’re bound to find something to satisfy your taste buds as you catch up on the contents of The Lafayette.