Chief of staff added to president’s office

Nicole Eramo will work with President Hurd on the strategic plan. (Photo courtesy of Nicole Eramo)

The college recently hired Nicole Eramo, who formerly served in several administrative positions at the University of Virginia, to become President Hurd’s new chief of staff. 

In this role, Eramo will help Hurd and her senior leadership team execute their strategic priorities.

“I’m here to help support [Hurd’s] work and improve the life of students at the college and the life of our staff and faculty,” Eramo said. 

Hurd added that as the college formulates its strategic plan and enters its bicentennial in 2026, Eramo will help with initiatives to improve the student experience. 

“Her lens is absolutely about delivering for students, so I’m excited to have her,” Hurd said. 

At the University of Virginia for almost two decades, Eramo held roles including assistant to the student-run honor committee, assistant dean in the Dean of Students office as well as other positions in the Vice President for Student Affairs office, most recently as the office’s chief of staff.

“Having seen that student experience from the big highs to the lowest lows gives me some really interesting perspective, and coming into leadership roles in the president’s office, I can bring that experience to bear on the work that we do here,” Eramo said. 

Hurd said that Eramo’s past experience as chief of staff was a big reason for adding her to the team. The chief of staff to the president is a new role at Lafayette but is similar to the position of special assistant to the president, which has remained vacant for some time, according to Hurd.