Sports Recap Central

Men’s basketball (3-3) (0-0)

Nov. 25 @ Fairleigh Dickinson

W, 80-76

A 15-0 run midway through the second half turned a 10-point deficit into a five-point lead for the Leopards. Three players scored in double digits for Lafayette, contributing to a 54.2 percent conversion rate from the floor. Junior forward Lukas Jarrett finished with 17 points and four rebounds, sophomore guard Alex Petrie scored 26 points with four rebounds and four assists, and sophomore guard Justin Jaworski tallied 11.

Nov. 28 vs Cornell

L, 63-58

A cold shooting night for the Leopards was nearly rescued by Petrie’s desperation three-pointer which forced overtime with six seconds remaining in the game. Lafayette was outscored 11-6 in the extra frame despite junior forward Myles Cherry’s monster game. Cherry finished with 14 points, 17 rebounds, and two assists.

Women’s Basketball (3-3) (0-0)

November 23 @ FAU

L, 53-49

Despite holding an 18-10 lead after the first quarter, the Leopards went cold from the field leading to a 45-37 deficit heading into the fourth quarter. The team turned it around with a 10-1 run before ultimately coming up short. Lafayette pulled down 31 offensive rebounds, led by sophomore forwards Olivia Martino and Natalie Kucowski, and freshman guard and forward Makaila Wilson, who all finished with nine boards. 

November 24 vs University of Delaware (@ FAU) 

L, 65-47

The Leopards shot a season-low 19 percent, and nearly scored more points on free throws (22) than they did on field goals (25). Kucowski led the Leopards with a game-high 16 points and 10 rebounds to earn her fifth double-double of the season and 14th of her career to earn all-tournament honors.