Everything Wrong With US Media Coverage

The Scoffayette

Everything Wrong With US Media Coverage

The Scoffayette

Everything Wrong With US Media Coverage

The Scoffayette

Sports Recap Central: 05/01/2015

Baseball (11-23-1, 9-11)

April 25 – Lafayette vs. Lehigh (Double header)

L, 5-4; L, 4-2

In the team’s first outing, sophomore pitcher Dave Bednar went 6.1 innings on the mound, allowing sevens hits and four earned runs. Freshman Steve Cohen went two to four from the plate and had three RBIs. In the second game, freshman Luke Robinson and senior Toby Schwartz each had two hits at the plate. Freshman John Cain and senior Alex Farina split time on the mound and allowing 11 hits total.

April 26 – Lafayette vs. Lehigh (Double header)

W, 3-0; L, 5-3

Senior Toby Schwartz pitched a complete scoreless game in the third game of the series and allowed just four hits. Schwartz, junior Campbell Lipe and freshman Luke Robinson each had an RBI. In the second game, senior Brett Thompson went three for four from the plate and Lipe had two hits and an RBI.

April 29 – Lafayette vs. Rider

L, 15-4

Sophomore Trevor Houck lasted just 1.1 innings against the Broncos, allowing six hits and six runs. Seniors Tim Lazor and Brett Thompson each had two hits at the plate, each with a double. Lazor added an RBI.

Golf

April 24-26 – Patriot League Championship from Seven Oaks Golf Club

T3 of 8 teams

The Lafayette golf team finished T3 with Colgate after three rounds of play. Freshman Art Griffin finished T3 individually after shooting rounds of 69, 74 and 74 (+1 overall). Senior Mike Zausmer finished T10, firing rounds of 80, 71 and 72.

Softball (4-34, 1-14)

April 23 – Lafayette vs. Villanova (Double header)

W, 3-2; L, 8-4

Freshman Jenna Didio brought home freshman Lauren Shoemaker from second base in the bottom of the seventh inning to hand the team a walk-off win over the Wildcats. Junior Allison Brown also had a solo homerun in the game. Freshman Stephanie Thomas pitched a complete game, allowing seven hits and just two earned runs. In the second game, senior Kelly Lallis went two for four from the plate and had two RBIs. Sophomore pitcher Kristyn Marinelli went just three innings on the mound before being relieved by sophomore Lindsey Cherry in the fourth inning.

April 28 – Lafayette vs. Marist (Double header)

L, 6-2; L, 15-8

In the first game, freshman Stephanie Thomas pitched a complete game, allowing seven hits and just two earned runs. Junior Allison Brown went two from three from the plate. In the second inning, the Lafayette bats heated up. Freshmen Jenna Didio, Miranda Skurla, Samantha Sweigart and senior Kelly Lallis each had two hits. Sophomore Lindsey Cherry lasted just 4.1 innings, allowing 16 hits.