Public Safety investigating fall from dormitory

Public Safety responded to the Gates Hall incident within a minute. (Photo courtesy of Residence Life)

A student fell from a third-story window in Gates Hall last Thursday night.

The student, whose name is being withheld by The Lafayette due to privacy concerns and an ongoing investigation into the incident, was taken from the scene via ambulance, according to Director of Public Safety Jeff Troxell. No information is available about the student’s condition.

Troxell said that Public Safety responded to the accident within 30 seconds. The cause for the fall is currently being investigated, as are ways to prevent future such incidents.

The Counseling Center recommended several resources for those impacted by the accident including its daily consultation clinic, its crisis support hotline and Togetherall, an anonymous online mental health forum.

The Counseling Center similarly shared a document for coping after distressing events, available on its website, counselingcenter.lafayette.edu.

Trebor Maitin
Trebor Maitin, Managing Editor
Pennsylvania enthusiast.

• S

SarahApr 28, 2023 at 12:43 pm

It is my personal opinion that this article needs to be removed. Students mental and physical health is not a news item.