Sports Recap Central

Men’s Basketball (6-13)

Dec. 11 vs. Sacred Heart

L, 85-61

Problems on the glass and at the free throw line continued to impede the Leopards season in their loss to Sacred Heart.

Dec. 19 vs. Moravian

W, 104-62

The Leopards posted their first 100-plus point game since 2008. Freshman Hunter Janacek went six for ten from the three point line.

Dec. 22 @ Saint Joseph’s

L, 92-63

The Leopards were outmatched by the Hawks offense, who shot 52 percent from the floor.

Dec. 30 vs. Colgate

L, 85-75

Despite junior Matt Klinewski’s 33-point effort, the Leopards were not able to win in their first game of Patriot League play.

Jan. 2 @ Loyola

W, 78-69

Head coach Fran O’Hanlon picked up his 300th career victory in the Leopards win over Loyola.

Jan. 5 vs. Army

W, 79-74

Klinewski and senior Nick Linder both posted double figures in the Leopards victory over Army.

Jan. 8 vs. Boston University

L, 91-75

Despite Klinewski’s night where he put together a 34-point effort, the Leopards couldn’t match 91 points boasted by BU’s offense.

Jan. 11 @ Holy Cross

L, 71-54

The Leopards couldn’t get things going as they posted 13 points in the first half in their loss to Holy Cross.

Jan. 14 vs. Navy

L, 88-51

The Leopards couldn’t match Navy’s high scoring offense in their third straight loss.

Jan. 18 @ American

L, 71-57

Despite a late push the Leopards fell 71-57 to American, extending the losing streak to four games.

Jan. 21 @ Lehigh

L, 75-68

Nick Linder was lights out in the Leopards loss going 7-11 from the three point line. The Leopards had the lead late but couldn’t close out a good Mountain Hawks team.

Women’s Basketball (1-19)

Dec. 11 @  Duquesne

L, 67-52

The Leopards dropped their last road non-conference game of the season.

Dec. 21 vs. Drexel

L, 81-39

The Leopards got blown out by the Dragons in their last game before beginning Patriot League play.

Dec. 30 @ Colgate

L, 76-69

After only scoring 26 points in the first half, a second half surge by Colgate put the Leopards away. 

Jan. 2 vs. Loyola

L, 60-55 (OT)

Lafayette lost a nail biter to Loyola as they came up short in overtime. It was the Leopards first overtime game of the season.

Jan. 5 @ Army

L, 76-73 (3OT)

For the second game in a row the Leopards forced overtime, but instead of one period they wound up playing three. Unfortunately, they couldn’t outlast Army and the losing streak was not broken.

Jan. 8 @ Boston University

L, 68-50

The Leopards were able to force double digit turnovers, but could not covert on the offensive end in their loss to Boston.

Jan. 11 vs. Holy Cross

L, 67-61

Despite outscoring the Crusaders 40-27 in the second half, the Leopards came up just short for their 16th straight loss.

Jan. 14 @ Navy

L, 76-41

The Midshipmen shot over 50 percent from the three-point line in their blowout win over the Leopards.

Jan. 18 vs. American

L, 76-52

Junior Sammy Stipa’s career high 17-point effort was not enough as the Leopards were not able to overcome a strong American team.

Jan. 21 vs. Lehigh

L, 56-53

In a back and forth game, the Leopards defense held tough lead by senior Harriet Ottewill-Soulsby’s six blocks, but could not overcome a late push by Lehigh.

Men’s Tennis

Jan. 23 vs. La Salle

L, 5-2

Freshman Drew Rooks and Sophomore Andrew Reed took both points in the men’s 5-2 loss to LaSalle.

Women’s Tennis

W, 6-1

The Leopards dropped just one of the seven matches en route to a 6-1 victory. Seniors Tori Almeida and Lauren Tracy and freshmen Grace Conrad and Katie Hill all took wins in their singles matches.

Men’s Track and Field

Jan. 21 @ Lehigh

Men: L, 107-74 Women: L, 114-66

The mens throwers had an excellent day as Dave McGriff, Patrick Corcoran and Dan Sweitzer all placed highly against the Mountain Hawks. Drew Davis was the bright spot on the women’s side taking first in both the 200m and 400m.