Lafayette students charged in connection to drug trafficking

Matthew Mitterhoff

Two Lafayette students were charged in federal court today in Montgomery County regarding a drug ring run by two former graduates of a suburban Philadelphia private school.

Christian Euler ‘14 of Villanova, Pa., who is still enrolled at the college, and John Rosemann ‘15, of Weston, Conn., a former student, were to appear in front of District Judge Kathleen Valentine on Monday. According to The Express-Times, Euler was charged with possession with intent to deliver drugs, conspiracy, corrupt organizations employee, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Rosemann is to be accused of similar charges.

Both students were arrested in February on drug trafficking charges in connection with Neil Scott, 25, and Timothy Brooks, 18, two former graduates of The Haverford School in Haverford, Pa. According to NBC10 in Philadelphia, Brooks and Scott were planning to monopolize the drug trade in five high schools and three colleges on Pennsylvania’s Main Line, which is located in eastern and central Pa. They supplied dealers at the school with marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy to the sub-dealers, according to the Associated Press.

According to Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Ferman, Brooks and Scott employed “sub-dealers” at Lafayette, Haverford, and Gettysburg Colleges, The Haverford School, Lower Merion High School and Harriton High School in Lower Merion Township, Pa., Conestoga High School in Tredyffrin Township, Pa., and Radnor High School in Radnor, Pa.

In addition to Euler, Rosemann, Brooks, and Scott, seven more high school and college students have been identified as sub-dealers.