Sports Recap Central: 9/11/2014

Field Hockey

September 5 – Lafayette at Monmouth: W, 3-1
Sophomore Amanda Magadan recorded two goals and an assist en route to a 3-1 win against the Peacocks.

September 7 – Lafayette at Rutgers: L, 2-1
Junior Kendall Weedling scored her first goal of the season on a feed from Junior Kelsey Mead.

September 12 – Lafayette vs. Liberty

Football

September 6 – Lafayette at Sacred Heart: L, 27-14
The Leopards opened up the season with a disappointing loss to the Pioneers of Sacred Heart. Quarterback freshman Drew Reed had 131 yards on 19-39 passing with a touchdown and three interceptions. The team also lost starting running back senior Ross Scheuerman to a hip pointer and backup running back sophomore Kyle Mayfield to an ankle injury. However, Scheuerman did have a 90-yard kickoff return for a touchdown before he exited the game.

Women’s Soccer

September 5 – Lafayette at Manhattan: L, 1-0
Despite having four saves on the day, sophomore Katherine Sedillo only needed to allow one goal on the day for the Jaspers to claim the victory.

September 7 – Lafayette vs. Binghamton: L, 2-1 OT
The lone goal on the day came from sophomore Melissa Lynskey on a pass from sophomore Joanna Scotti. Jacque Rice of Binghamton scored in the 98th minute to solidify the victory for the Bearcats.

September 12 – Lafayette vs. UMass Lowell

Men’s Soccer

September 5 – Lafayette at Fordham: L, 2-1
Sophomore Ryan Egan scored the lone goal for the Leopards in the 53rd minute. Senior goalkeeper Sandy Leavy had three saves over the course of the game.

Golf

September 5-7 – Colgate Invitational in Hamilton, N.Y.: 8th Place
Sophomore Jared Mactas led the way for the team finishing in a tie for 15th place overall. Mactas fired scores of 78, 76, and an even par 72. Senior Mike Zausmer and freshman Sam Aronoff ‘18 both tied for 33rd.

September 13-14 – Bucknell Fall Invitational in Lewisburg, Pa.

Women’s Volleyball

Seattle University Tournament
September 5 – Lafayette vs. Seattle University: L, 3-0
Sophomore Jet Manzi let the Leopards with eight kills and Junior Lauren Pisauro led the way for the team in digs with 11.

September 6 – Lafayette vs. Oregon State : L, 3-0
Despite a 3-0 loss to the beavers, the Leopards kept it close in the second set losing only 25-18. Sophomore Jet Manzi and senior Danielle Towslee tied in kills, having eight a piece. Junior Lauren Pisauro let the way in digs with fifteen.

September 6 – Lafayette vs. Pacific: L, 3-0
Sophomore Jet Manzi once again led the team with six kills and freshman Tori Smith led the way with seven digs.

September 10 – Lafayette vs. St. Francis Brooklyn: W, 3-2
Sophomore Jet Manzi led the team with eight kills in the five set victory. Junior Lauren Pisauro finished the matchup with a game-high 26 digs, while freshman teammate Tori Smith led the match in assists with 36.

September 12 – Lafayette vs. Delaware State Lafayette vs. Marist