How to spend a day in Easton for under $20

Photo by Emma Sylvester for The Lafayette
Students can spend an afternoon in the Sigal Museum for only $8.

Are you a broke college student who still wants to have a good time? If the answer is yes, I have just the thing for you. If your answer is no, keep reading anyway. We all want to get the most bang for our buck. 

Here is how to spend a fun day in downtown Easton while staying under a budget of $20. Let me be your guide. 

We start out the day with brunch because food is fuel. I hope you’re hungry because our meal at Angelo’s Restaurant downtown will fill you with the energy needed to take on the adventures that await. 

For just $5.95, you can get two eggs cooked any style, two strips of bacon, two pancakes and a small orange juice. Talk about a steal! Just ask for the Super Breakfast Special when ordering. Make sure you don’t order coffee just yet because we are going somewhere special for that. 

I hope you didn’t fall asleep at brunch — caffeine awaits! After filling up on the glory that is breakfast foods, it’s finally time to get that cup of sunshine. Walk on over to the Easton Public Market and stop at ThreeBirds Cafe Nest, where you can get a drip coffee for only $2.50. If coffee isn’t your jam, they also sell reasonably priced teas. 

You could also go to the flagship ThreeBirds Coffee House, but then you might get distracted by how cute the birds are and our whole day will run off schedule. 

So far, we have only spent $8.45 on quality food and coffee, leaving us with plenty of cash for activities and dessert. 

At this point in the day, you will be craving some adventure. That’s where the Sigal Museum, Northampton County’s foremost institution of local history and pre-European artifacts, comes in. For only $8 with the student discount, you will be able to view artwork by Easton high school students, exhibits from local photographers and heirlooms from the past eight decades of Northampton County residents. You can purchase tickets on the museum’s website, sigalmuseum.org.

We’ve soaked up the stories of Easton like a historical sponge, and now it is time to catch some rays. Let’s take a walk on the Karl Stirner Arts Trail, a cost-free activity that is good for your body, mind and soul. 

After a day of painting the town, I think we deserve some dessert. Our current total is $16.45, so our sweet treat might be a little bit of a squeeze. Thankfully, you can get a small bag of the most delicious caramel corn for $3 from The Carmelcorn Shop, an Easton classic for homemade popcorn, fudge and all things sugar. A sweet end to a sweet day. 

That rounds out the day at $19.45, successfully staying under our $20 limit. 

That, in a nutshell, is how to do Easton without breaking the bank. Most businesses downtown are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, so keep that in mind when planning the day. I hope this helped you get to know Easton on a student’s budget. 

Bernadette Russo
Bernadette Russo, Culture Editor
Likes trees and hates writing bios.
Emma Sylvester, Photo Editor

• P

PeteMar 10, 2023 at 4:42 am

I hope the picture attached to this article is a mistake…LOL