The Lafayette’s guide to Easton Winter Village

Easton+Winter+Village+transformed+Centre+Square+with+40+holiday+huts+housing+local+vendors.+
Photo by Austin Carey for The Lafayette
Easton Winter Village transformed Centre Square with 40 holiday huts housing local vendors.

As we prepare for the gift-giving season, we’re all trying to find unique presents for our loved ones that are also conducive to a typical college student budget. Easton Winter Village is the place to go for this holiday energy. 

On each Friday, Saturday and Sunday until Dec. 17, live musicians and 40 vendors will transform Centre Square into a winter wonderland – there’s even a synthetic ice skating rink. To analyze the festivities up close, The Lafayette headed downtown to check out the best offerings this very merry season.

Winter Village offers a variety of food options for every dietary need. Island Noodles can be spotted with its signature bright yellow truck offering “Award Winning Wok Fried Soba Noodles.” Their vegan island noodles retailed for $14 and boast a flavorful mix of vegetables, noodles and vegan meat. Most restaurants downtown aren’t fully vegan, so the well-seasoned topping is a welcome surprise for the meat-averse.

Need to warm up your soul? Stop by the Mia & Maddie’s hut and grab a cup of homemade hot cocoa, loaded with marshmallows, sprinkles and other goodies.

If you are in need of a last-minute gift, the Winter Village has it covered. Mediterra and Earthen Goat were two of the many huts that featured home goods. For those who are hoping to help with any cooking or baking over the holidays, Medittera has great wooden cooking utensils. Those who are looking forward to enjoying a nice mug of hot chocolate can do so with a new handmade mug from Earthen Goat. 

Many shops offer hand-crafted ornaments, including Tinsel, which houses an entire rack of the laser-cut wooden variety. Tinsel’s ornaments, which depict various public icons, were impressive in how detailed they were and are the perfect to hang on your tree.

Before heading back up the hill, take a stop at 2nd Base Vintage, a shop known for its premium selections of niche items. Whether it’s a $5 X-Files card or a $10 MTV VHS, there is definitely something for everyone. If you’re looking for a gift to get a nostalgia lover, you’re sure to find a throwback treat here.

With Christmas music flowing in the air, pass by the ice skating rink to see people of all ages on their skates twirling around. Check out the rink out if you’re in the mood for some skating.

You can also take a stop at the Sweet Girlz Bakery hut for a $6 vegan Snickerdoodle cupcake as a nice energy boost for your hike back to campus. They never fail to provide delicious baked goods, especially around the holiday season, and for those in your family with a sweet tooth, a cupcake from Sweet Girlz Bakery could make their day.

In addition to all of these wonderfully wintery places, the Winter Village has a variety of other vendors selling candles, ornaments, hand-knit goods and more surprises all available for purchase for your holiday needs. If you need a mood booster before this coming break, stop by Winter Village to get your annual dose of holiday cheer.